Sunday, May 25, 2014

OWH Sketch Challenge 226

Hello Friends!  Another Sunday so that means another weekly sketch at Operation Write Home.
This week I chose to do a patriotic card, it is Memorial Day weekend and I am so thankful for all of our military.  My father is a veteran of the Korean War and every year he is responsible for putting flags on the graves of the veterans buried in our church's cemetery before the Memorial Day service. When I was younger I loved going with him to help, and hear his stories of all who passed before us.

Anyway back to my card ....




The patterned paper is from a Doodlebug 6x6 pad, the stamps are from Hero Arts, a sentiment stamp set with hearts and stars that is a fundraiser for Operation Write Home.  The blue cardstock doesn't match well, I have so many sheets of blue cardstock and not a one matched!!  Oh well, I think it turned out to be a very nice card

Thanks for Looking!
Robin






8 comments:

  1. like like like!!!! Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card using today's sketch! Very nice balance of the colors and the stars pop nicely - gotta love patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card using today's sketch! Very nice balance of the colors and the stars pop nicely - gotta love patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card--your use of papers/colors is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great choice of r/w/b! Love the extra special touch, cutting out the stars for the 3D look! Thanks to your dad for his service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card is wonderful and no one would have ever noticed the blue cardstock; it looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blue looks great! So lovely to hear about your dad...thanks to all who served and continue to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card on this special weekend. My thanks to your father for his service and for the time and effort he puts in for all veterans past and present.

    ReplyDelete