Thursday, January 5, 2012

DYSU #53, Let It Snow!!!

Today's challenge on the Do You Stack Up Challenge blog was Let It Snow!!! And that's exactly my thoughts for today. I live in Wisconsin where it should be 15 degrees with 10 inches of snow on the ground on January 5, but not this year! Today we set a record high of 53 degrees! We have no snowcover and it just doesn't feel like winter so when I saw this challenge I had to create my snow!



On both cards I used white and marina mist cardstock and ink from Stampin Up. Snow themed embossing folders .. one from SU and one from cuttlebug and my favorite snowman image Frosty, an older retired stamp from SU. On the one card I added a sentiment again from SU. On this card I also colored a few areas of the image with my marina mist marker.

Not quite as nice as real snow, but for a January day that set a record high in this part of Wisconsin it will have to do :)

3 comments:

  1. fun and I am not complaining about this weather.

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, love the snowman! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards and such a cute snowman.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete