Saturday, February 16, 2013

VCMP #1

Yesterday I got TWO packages of cardmaking/scrapbooking supplies!
One was from CTMH, the other from SU, so I was ready to play today when the Operation Write Home President's Day virtual cardmaking party began.  Challenge 1 - to use zig zags/chevrons on your project gave me the perfect opportunity to break out the new things

On this card I used my new chevron embossing folder from Stampin' Up.  The colors are last week's challenge at the paper players.  It's hard to see but there is a punched out heart on the pink, thus why I chose that sentiment which is a rubon on from SU.



In my package from Close to My Heart I received the paper pack For Always and the stamp set Hello Blooms both of which I used on the following cards.  On the bottom card the zig zag pattern is just strips of 1 inch by 1/2 inch paper glued together, pretty simple technique that provides a punch to a card or scrapbooking layout,




Thanks for Looking at my cards ... it looks like I'm an overachiever, I've done 2 of the challenges making 3 cards each time :)

Robin







3 comments:

  1. Hey those are great... I love the strip of folded papers to make a chevron! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin - you really took the chevrons to a whole new level. I love the paper piecing you did on your first card and I'm envious of that embossing folder - just great. Your other cards are simply stunning. You're not an overachiever - just too creative to stick with only one card! Thanks for playing along in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards the chevron embossing folder really makes the card pop!! Good job...I might CASE the black and white chevron with flowers.
    The technique with the last one is an easy way to get a chevron pattern...thanks for sharing.
    I love getting new ideas.

    ReplyDelete