Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sympathy card

This past week has definitely not been the best week of my life. Last Thursday my boyfriend's father lost his battle with cancer. His wake and funeral were on Sunday and Monday. I went back to work on Tuesday and learned that the mother of our company president passed away on Sunday. Her funeral was today and this is the card I made to send to the family...

I used this week's sketch at Operation Write Home (sketch #37).. a great sketch to work with and one I'm sure I'll be using again, and it may be to make a thinking of you card, I also learned on Tuesday that my nephew Tyler's friend, Mikail, had died. Mikail was only 21 years old, although he did have a genetic disease that they are thinking led to his untimely death. Like I said, it hasn't been the best week of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that. Your card is so beautiful and comforting. I like your color combinations --- soothing.

    ReplyDelete