Saturday, October 22, 2011
Christmas Wall Hanging
I made this cute little Christmas wall hanging this afternoon, it was so easy to put together I may make more!
I saw the inspiration for this wall hanging on the Piece of Scrap blog a few weeks ago.
I started with the side of a UPS priority box. I ripped off the writing, it didn't rip so easy so some of the paper is left on there, it's not all corrugated.
Next I cut punched several circles in different sizes in patterned paper. I chose several papers from the Nordic Holiday collection from Basic Grey.
Then I arranged all my circles in the form of a Christmas Tree on the corrugated background. I attached them with large glue dots as I think this is the strongest adhesive I own.
I added several buttons (from Stampin' Up) to cover up some cardboard spots and add dimension and color to the tree
Then I cut with my cricut a gold star (don juan cartridge) for the top of the tree and the Merry Christmas sentiment (calligraphy collection)
Finally I added some ribbon for hanging and it's complete!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Robin, wonderful Idea. I'll have to try that. Love all the papers. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteCute idea :o)
ReplyDelete