Sunday, February 12, 2012

butterfly card


Several months ago I found a cute shaped like a butterfly card on the cricut message boards
Today I decided to make one for myself, it was so easy and it turned out so cute!

The first thing you do is cut two bases using the shadow feature (for this card I used the serenade cartridge and one of the butterfly images)
then you make a score for the fold about 1.5 inches from the top, glue the two pieces together from the top to the fold and this is your card.

Next I cut the butterfly image's regular and layer cuts and glued them to my base. I trimmed the bottom of the butterly wings to a flat cut so the card would stand up.

I used Stampin Up products for my card and I'm going to send it to a former coworker .. she retired at the end of last year and now she's going through some tough times. Her mother passed away a couple weeks ago and next week she has to have back surgery so I thought I'd send her a cherry looking card.

No comments:

Post a Comment