Monday, September 2, 2013

More VCMP cards!

Posting the last few cards I made for this weekend's virtual cardmaking party at Operation Write Home.  There were 10 challenges and I finished 8 of them so far ... may get to the other 2 at a later date.  I made multiple cards for some challenges so I finished with 19 cards for the weekend!

The final challenge on Saturday was to use masking tape to create a background.  This was Donna's challenge and it was an interesting one, but it sure was fun! 


 
 
 I used red ink on masking tape that was wrapped around my acrylic block for both cards.  Fun!  Both images cut with the cricut machine.   I will definitely try this technique again.

The final challenge of the weekend was to use a negative cut/punch on your card.  I sort of cheated with this card as I let my cricut do the work!   I have the art philosphy cartridge from Close To My Heart and it has many cuts on there for cards with negative images such as hearts, trees, stars, flowers, etc.  I made several of them, some plain, some I stamped a sentiment on, but I'm just sharing one of them

 
Thanks for Looking!
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Your cards look great! I particularly like the tree image in front of the taped background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Robin! The CAS design of your Peace on Earth cards is really striking. Terrific use of the space. I'm glad you got to play along in the VCMP this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are so wonderful! ~Lo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Robin! I love the simplicity, especially the cute trees. Thanks for joining my challenge and for supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete