Yesterday I received a new cardmaking tool - the envelope punch board from Stampin' Up. I've seen some really cool file folder style cards made using this tool so of course my first project had to be a file folder card!
The picture doesn't show this card it's full effect. It's very dark and cloudy here so I scanned it instead of taking a picture and the file tab doesn't show well. It' traditional Christmas week at
the SP blog (Scrapmasters Paradise) so I made a Christmas card using the Christmas Medley stamp set from SP & Co stamps. (and the green snowflakes match better in real life, the scanner scaned them off color a bit) The Ho Ho Ho is a rub on sentiment. This is of course is an envelope punch board so here is the card with a matching envelope:
I made the envelope with red cardstock and then lined the top with matching designer paper. Actually the paper was to be the envelope but I messed it up - here's a tip if you ever use the board, follow the directions for a 4.25 x 5.5 card and not the directions for an A2 card!! The envelope for A2 wasn't the right size, but the other was the correct size. I don't know why because for me A2 is the same as 4.25 x 5.5 but it isn't on this board.
Thanks for looking at my first project with my new toy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment